30th Annual International
Jewish Outdoor Escape 2020
Mosaic Outdoor Clubs of America
It is Summer Camp for Grown-ups
September 3 to September 7, 2020
Seguin, Ontario, Canada
with a Pre-Trip in Toronto September 1st - 3rd
We will be staying at URJ Camp George
in scenic Seguin, Township
, an area that features the Canadian Shield
- ancient rock formations, trees, and lakes.
Some of the activities this Labour Day weekend are:
- Easy and moderate hikes, featuring the Cranberry Marsh trails, Humphrey
Barn & Nature trails, Rose Point trail past great bridges and scenic rapids, and the Bracebridge Resource Management Centre, and more.
- Biking along the 90 km (55 mi.) Seguin Rail Trail that runs past the camp.
- Canoeing and kayaking along the beautiful bays of the camp's Maple Lake, with connections to Duck Lake and Isabella Lake.
Queen boat cruise along iconic Georgian Bay, famous for its rocky islands and windswept Jack Pines.
- Visits to beautiful Bracebridge to see stunning waterfalls along the Muskoka River.
- The Bobby
Orr Hall of Fame in nearby Parry
Sound for the hockey fans.
- Spectacular night sky views from the Torrance Barrens Dark Sky Preserve, possibly seeing the northern lights
in late summer.
lining and aerial park next to Santa's Village Theme Park and more.
- There will also be many activities at the camp itself, from high ropes, pick-up games of basketball,
soccer, archery to name a few and Shabbat services as well as evening activities, including icebreakers,
dancing in the outdoor pavilion, and nightly campfires and sing-alongs.
- Also, we plan to offer in camp workshops and lectures brought to you by our talented and informative
- The pre-trip will allow a smaller group of participants to visit Toronto, Canada's largest city, home
of the iconic CN
Island, Casa Loma,
District and Kensington
market, where Jews first settled.
Be sure to mark your calendar for the first week of September and join us for a great time in Ontario
You and your friends, and lots of other folks ages 21 to 70 from across the map, with Mosaic Outdoor Clubs
What is Mosaic?
Mosaic Outdoor Clubs of America (MOCA) integrates Jewish values with an appreciation of the outdoors. It
brings together members of the Jewish community to celebrate and explore the great outdoors in a social
setting. This is achieved by: 1) Sponsoring activities on a national/international scale; and 2) Encouraging
and facilitating the formation and continuation of local Mosaic clubs for the purpose of sponsoring
Mosaic Outdoor Clubs of America is a volunteer-run organization that allows Jewish adults with a love of the
outdoors to get back to nature and have some fun. With 12 clubs located throughout the United States, Canada
and Israel, our international non-profit, volunteer-run organization promotes appreciation of the outdoors,
nature, outdoor skills and conservation, while building Jewish community and continuity.
Back to top of page